Craftspeople who work the old fashioned way, we love all things letterpress & linotype. We are proud to be part of UrbanCottageIndustries.co.uk
You Will Receive…
A custom Moleskine notebook with your bespoke text debossed between the elastic & right hand edge of the front cover
Our Next Day Service…
Customised moleskine orders received before 11am (Monday-Friday) are crafted / dispatched the same day
- Orders under £40 (exc. VAT) ship via Royal Mail First Class (90% with correct postcode arrive the following business day, the other 10% can take up to 3 days)
- Orders over £40 (exc. VAT) ship via UPS (guaranteed UK next business day)
- International orders ship via Royal Mail Airmail (normally 4 business days to EU countries, 6 – 8 business days to the rest of the world) Royal Mail dispatch on the first available flight, though delivery times in other countries vary considerably.
Type is measured in ‘ems’. We give you 18 x ’18pt ems’ to personalise your moleskine with. This wikipedia article explains more about how ems work
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 0123456789 ?!/&:;.,’()%-
Large moleskines: Metrolite 18pt (a classic Linotype matrix face) debossed (often referred to as embossed or impressed)
Extra small moleskines: Metrolite 14pt (a classic Linotype matrix face) debossed
Single line, front cover – in the gap between the elastic & right hand edge
What We Offer…
We are skilled printers with an extraordinary collection of equipment, but we are not ‘jobbing’ printers and we aren’t able to take on projects beyond the scope of our existing websites.
We want you to be happy with your unique individually customised moleskine. We offer a full refund if you are anything less than happy. Simply complete the included return form and send it back, we’ll do the rest
In 1884 Ottmar Mergenthaler invented the Linotype machine. In mid 2011 we saved the UK’s largest battery of working linotype machines from the scrap yard. We helped fund this film to explain why linotype machines are so amazing and important. This 1896 article by H. Franks (downloadable .pdf © University of Sydney) offers a uniquely contemporary explanation.
We can be reached via email: email@example.com
Keep up to date with our unfolding experiment in bespoke linotype printing and customisation: